I’m sending a big hug to all of theÂ athletes around the world that are getting ready for the Olympic Games in Brazil.
ItÂ must be quite difficult for these people who have worked so hard and train so much and put their entire lives at stake, to fly to a country with the risk of the Zika, of violence, of all the chaos around the late construction.
And I really hope that the Brazilian government kicks in with amazing security and that all of the athletes get toÂ have a lot of fun and can represent their country honestly, without performance-enhancingÂ drugs, like we have seen happening with the Russian federation.
Sports is one of the foundations of Â Humanity and I really hope that the Olympic games go well and peacefully.
Good luck to everyone.
- Don’t you want to be part of a bigger game?
- May we all find peace for our future in this world!
- Today in the Portuguese GQ Magazine
- Focus on the good things: how to get past these crazy times
- This is who we really are