On Saturday I was in Poznan, Poland, for the second time to give a lecture to a very large number of young dentists and students. It’s always wonderful when I get to speak to the younger generations of dentists! Rather than show just advanced surgical procedures, I also like to give them motivational advice and discuss the philosophical aspects to the business of dentistry.
So I decided to come up with a statement which can be a step to success, and I would like to post the 10 steps that make up this statement one by one.
So, here goes the very first one. Be a boy scout: you always leave the mouth better than you find it!
This goes back to the days when I was a boy scout and one of the basic rules is if you ever go somewhere in nature, you must always leave it better than you found it. I believe this is one of the fundamental rules that any dentist must have and it is the stepping stone to being a good professional.
- ‘Tis the season to take care of your teeth
- Talking with GQ Portugal: we are what we eat
- Clinical case: immediate loading implants used in cosmetic intervention
- Dentistry at its best: changing someone’s life in 2 hours
- Pregnancy and oral health: what to do
- “We use our mouth to smile, eat and love” – Interview with Saúda Magazine